Our Mission Statement
Sustainability programs and alternative energy practices
Expression of creative arts and handicrafts
Healthy, Self-aware individuals for world peace
UNESCO Body & Mind Wellness Club exists to raise the self-awareness of youth, and thereby, the inner peace, as well as physical, emotional and mental balance among the young generation. UNESCO Body & Mind Wellness Club enhances the role the youth play in supporting our ecology and the sphere of world peace. We believe that real peace comes from within.
UNESCO Body & Mind Wellness Club enhances the family institution, and brings harmony and peace to the community. We believe that we are all one family, and with your support, we bring the positive social and cultural changes to the societies in trouble.
UNESCO Body & Mind Wellness Club is also about a group of active people with the vision to create traditional art and craft that symbolize harmony and peace.
What is the role of UNESCO Body & Mind Wellness Club?
UNESCO Body & Mind Wellness Club promotes the ideals of UNESCO (The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization).
- Since 2012, the Body & Mind Wellness Club has been working among the schools and colleges creating a cultural anchor by celebrating community diversity, and contributing to a further understanding of acceptance, tolerance, and peace.
- To promote understanding of UNESCO’s mission and ideals and to translate them into programs that will help raise a new generation of peacemakers, placing human dignity at the center of their activities and striving to make the culture of peace a commodity of everyday life through education, science, culture and communication.
UNESCO Body & Mind Wellness Club hosts and sponsors a variety of events:
- Supporting peace around the world through different annual seminars and festivals
- Through a series of entertaining and informative workshops, hands-on exhibits, age-appropriate classroom lesson plans, and a “town hall” presentation geared to the interests of parents and other adults in the school community, the Sustainability x 3 program shows families how their everyday activities influence the overall energy use of their communities, and how small changes can help not only reduce household energy bills, but protect the environment as well. Information on free and low-cost energy assistance is provided, including free energy-saving devices and low-cost comprehensive household energy assessments
- Distinguished Speakers Lecture Series for international celebrations days and UNESCO Summer Camps IMUN models
- To foster storytelling, book reading, and puppet shows, our Club created a book for children entitled “ If I could’
- Frederick UNESCO Club headquarters currently, showcases the arts and crafts of 8 countries.
What Is UNESCO?
A global initiative to promote peace and security that has a long and deep history
UNESCO, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, a specialized agency of the United Nations was founded on 16 November 1945. The main objective of UNESCO is “to contribute to peace and security in the world by promoting collaboration among nations through education, science, culture and communication in order to further universal respect for justice, for the rule of law and for the human rights and fundamental freedoms which are affirmed for the peoples of the world, without distinction of race, sex, language or religion”. (UNESCO Constitution, Article I)
What is The World Federation of UNESCO Clubs Centers and Associations?
The World Federation of UNESCO Clubs Centers and Associations is a global grass-roots movement, World Federation of UNESCO Clubs supports UNESCO priorities by using a community’s own experience, skills and outlook to foster peace and exchange. The very first Club was set up in Sendai, Japan in 1947. Today, there are over 4000 Clubs in nearly 180 countries. An international NGO called the World Federation of UNESCO Clubs, Centers and Associations (WFUCA) was formed in 1981 as the international coordinating body of the movement of Clubs for UNESCO worldwide. WFUCA is a NGO that has official relations with UNESCO.
What is the US Federation of UNESCO Clubs Centers and Associations?
The U.S. Federation of UNESCO Clubs, Centers and Associations works to coordinate UNESCO Clubs, Centers, and Associations in the United States