What Is UNESCO?
A global initiative to promote peace and security that has a long and deep history
UNESCO, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, a specialized agency of the United Nations was founded on 16 November 1945. The main objective of UNESCO is “to contribute to peace and security in the world by promoting collaboration among nations through education, science, culture and communication in order to further universal respect for justice, for the rule of law and for the human rights and fundamental freedoms which are affirmed for the peoples of the world, without distinction of race, sex, language or religion (…)”. (UNESCO Constitution, Article I)
What is The World Federation of UNESCO Clubs Centers and Associations?
The World Federation of UNESCO Clubs Centers and Associations is a global grass-roots movement, World Federation of UNESCO Clubs supports UNESCO priorities by using a community’s own experience, skills and outlook to foster peace and exchange. The very first Club was set up in Sendai, Japan in 1947. Today, there are over 4000 Clubs in nearly 180 countries. An international NGO called the World Federation of UNESCO Clubs, Centers and Associations (WFUCA) was formed in 1981 as the international coordinating body of the movement of Clubs for UNESCO worldwide. WFUCA is a NGO that has official relations with UNESCO.
What is the US Federation of UNESCO Clubs Centers and Associations?
The U.S. Federation of UNESCO Clubs, Centers and Associations works to coordinate UNESCO Clubs, Centers, and Associations in the United States
Planting Seeds of Change Within
What is the UNESCO Body & Mind Wellness Club?
The UNESCO Body & Mind Wellness Club was created in Frederick MD to promote a deep national understanding of the responsibilities, and to spread a desire for understanding and cooperation, by organizing face-to-face discussions with people of all origins.
What is the role of the UNESCO Body & Mind Wellness Club?
UNESCO Body & Mind Wellness Club promotes the ideals of UNESCO (The United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization).
- Since 2012, the Body & Mind Wellness Club has been working among the schools and colleges creating a cultural anchor by celebrating community diversity, and contributing to a further understanding of acceptance, tolerance, and peace.
- To promote understanding of UNESCO’s mission and ideals and to translate them into programs that will help raise a new generation of peacemakers, placing human dignity at the center of their activities and striving to make the culture of peace a commodity of everyday life through education, science, culture and communication.
The UNESCO Body & Mind Wellness Club focuses on three principal fields:
- Supporting sustainability programs and promoting alternative energy practices: There is a great need to conserve energy, water and to recycle. Is important to keep and teach on keeping our Earth healthy.
- Supporting healthy individuals, families, and community structures through the practices of self-awareness and good nutrition, exercise and meditation.
- Raising the awareness of individuals through the expression of creative arts and self-awareness activities.
The UNESCO Body & Mind Wellness Club hosts and sponsors a variety of events:
- Supporting peace around the world through different annual seminars and festivals
- Supporting the ecosystem through energy saving projects designed to engage individuals and school groups. In UNESCO summer camps, we organize interactive workshops to highlight the impact of our everyday choices on the local and global environment
- To foster storytelling, book reading, and puppet shows, our Club created a book for children entitled “ If I could’
- Distinguished Speakers Lecture Series for international celebrations days
- Educational workshops and cultural tours throughout the world.
- Currently, Frederick UNESCO Club headquarters showcases the arts and crafts of 8 countries.
Farsi Interview link with College Park:http://www.radiocp.com/?p=332